Companies choose us from among a crowded field of would-be IT partners because they're convinced that we not only have superior technology, but superior people to solve their problems and make them successful. If you A) think of technology as a means to an end and not an end itself, and B) deeply understand human nature and can apply that gift to developing products, supporting clients and growing a brand, we want to talk with you.
We require that you
- See the glass as full, even if half of what is filling it is air.
- Have a sense of humor. It can be as dry as a forgotten-in-the-cupboard cinnamon stick, but wit matters.
- Have an interest in the business of business. We help to empower hundreds of companies. The prospect of working with clients whose firms represent a wide range of industries is something that you need to find exciting.
- Are inquisitive. If you're mainly enthralled with one thing (sports scores, French idioms, the life cycle of the microchip) you probably won't fit in. Yes, specialization is required to achieve special things, but fresh ideas most often come from a curious and well stocked mind.
- We require that you believe that anything is possible. Honestly believe it.
- Run a tight ship. This doesn't mean that your desk can't have an encampment of action figures, or a miniature museum of fly fishing apparatus, but professionally you need to be buttoned up. You tuck in the corners on your projects because you have to. It's how your mind is wired. If you were placed under a microscope, science would reveal that your genes are unusually tidy.
- Are smart-- book smart and intuitive smart.
- Are ethical and considerate.
- Are inclined to find creative solutions, even when the problem is "everyday."
- Finally, we require that you are the sort of person who takes the initiative. People who sit on their hands not only wrinkle their pants, but end up left behind. We only want talent that can set a good pace. As for wrinkled pants, they're not such an issue.
After reviewing the list maybe you don't see any current openings that fit your particular expertise (they change all the time). Or you don't meet our complete list of criteria, but still think External IT is your kind of place. If you care about doing the right thing, you work hard and are honestly a superior talent we would like to hear from you as well. Send your resume along for future consideration along with a cover letter letting us know why you think that way to careers@ExternalIT.com.
We'll try to get back to as soon as we can. If you don't hear back within a week, don't take it personally, any number of things keep us busy and delay an appropriately fast response. Feel free to send a follow-up email. Initiative and persistence is valued here.